|nova walker is catastrophe friendly (dangerfriendly) wrote,|
@ 2015-10-09 02:15:00
they told us not to fight
but we'll fight it till we die.
FULL NAME: Novalee Grace Walker
DOB: June 25th, 1992
PLACE OF BIRTH: Georgia.
MARITAL STATUS: Single.
Martin Walker - Father - History Teacher
Melinda Walker - Mother - Librarian.
Zachary Walker - Brother.
Delilah Walker - Sister.
Elizabeth Walker - Sister.
James Walker - Brother.
• Secretly wishes she had been born a slayer. Despite the Men of Letters bias against hunters and slayers, Nova admires both of them and thinks they're fascinating.
• Runs an anonymous website in her spare time where people debunk popular ghost stories and point out inaccuracies in horror movies.
• Has an anti-possession tattoo on her arm. Their mother made all the kids get one after Zachary was possessed by a demon for a short time.
• Inherited her car from her mother. It breaks down a lot and has gotten her stranded more than once but she loves it.
• Loves being a (Wo)men of Letters but has nightmares about being locked into the headquarters. She knows that one day it might come to that but she doesn't like the idea of being trapped inside. Regardless of how much she likes being there with all the information it contains.
• Wanted to be a ballet dancer from the time she was six and saw the Nutcracker on stage. She took a few classes and realized that while thinking it was a beautiful art, her clumsiness didn't really make her an ideal canadate for the prima ballerina life.
• Collected comic books for a time. Insisted her family call her Supernova when she was young.
• Is petrified of the ocean.
• Has asthma. It was very severe when she was a child but is now controllable. She refuses to let it hinder her ability to do her duties.
but we stood up, yeah, we stood up
and they fought hard but somewhere fighting failed
Novalee Walker, the fifth of five children born to Men of Letters Martin and Melinda Walker, has always known the supernatural world exists. Living in a large but slightly dilapidated house on the outskirts of their Georgia hometown, they were well known for being a bit eccentric. Stories of strange visitors and happenings were spread throughout their town. It was a bit isolating for their rambunctious children.
Despite their belief in the work that they were doing, they tried their hardest to support their kids and give them some normalcy. Football practice, ballet lessons, math tutors were added to lessons on the supernatural. Most of her siblings had little interest in the Order and it's teachings beyond what their parents felt was necessary to be safe. Nova was different. It was apparent from an early age that Nova would be one of the children that would follow her parents into their world.
Melinda and Martin had their own misgivings about their youngest joining up. Kind hearted and trusting, Nova loved people and often lept into situations without thinking it through. It got her into trouble more than they would have liked. It was the upheaval in the supernatural world and her schooling that convinced them to let her start her training. She took to it well and has been helping her father with his work. Recently though with the omens and events, she's finally being sent off on her own to look into it.
steel and concrete break
beneath the steady waves
of fearless hope and grace
in kindness there is strength
• Nova has been training to be a Men of Letters since she was a teenager. While not having much experience in the field yet, she took to her training well and is excited to finally be off on her own.
• Has her training and access to the books and spells that the men of letters have collected over the years.
• While not a witch, she does have enough ability to perform rudimentary spell work.
• Speaks several languages.
• Has an eidetic memory and a high IQ.
• Good with computers.
PB: Emily Bett Rickards